How to drop a course
Find out how to drop a course online.
- If you’re dropping a course to enrol in another, it’s a good idea to use the ‘Swap a course’ function instead. That way you’ll keep your place in the first course until you finish enrolling in the new one. See How to swap a course.
- If you do want to drop a course online, you must do so on or before the additions and deletions deadline date for the course. See Changing your enrolment.
- Sign into Student Services Online.
- On the home page, open the self-service drop-down list.
- Click Enrolment: Drop then the Go arrow button.
- On the select term page, select the term of the course you want to drop.
- Select the course or courses that you want to drop.
- Click the Drop Selected Courses button.
- Confirm your selection.
- View the results.
- If you only want to change your tutorial, lab or workshop use the ‘Edit a course’ function. See How to change a tutorial, lab or workshop.
- After the additions and deletions deadline for a course has passed, you will not be able to finish dropping a course online. You’ll need to visit your faculty student centre for advice about applying for a late change to your enrolment—see Faculty student centres.
- To see deadlines and information about changing your enrolment, see Changing your enrolment.
- You’ll receive an email confirming your enrolment change.
- If you dropped the course before the additions and deletions deadline date, a fee credit will show in your account activity—if not straight away, then definitely overnight. See How to view your account activity.
When you’re signed in and dropping a course online, you’ll find most pages have a Help link at the top. Each link leads to quick tips specific to the page you’re using. In case you want to check one now, here’s what you’ll find.
AskAuckland has answers to questions about enrolment — 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You can search for the answer to your question, or browse the most common questions.